The Nike LunarGlide 9 shoes are simple in design, but they are effective running shoes. They are lightweight shoes built with high-quality materials that help keep them comfortably secure. Technologies such as Dynamic Support, a specially-built Crash Pad, upgraded Flywire cables, and Nike’s top-notch Lunarlon make them impressively comfortable road running shoes.
The support they provide is especially crucial for overpronators, or those with flat feet, to help protect yourself from impact-related injuries. Runners love them all over the world wide web. With multiple color options and stylish design, the LunarGlide 9 shoes are all around superbly efficient running shoes.
Fast Facts About this Offering
- Secure, cozy fit
- Dynamic support technology explicitly built for overpronators
- Crash Pad and Lunarlon technology to protect against impact
- Flywire for stability and breathability
- Simple but stylish design
- Laser-cut outsole shape for a more comfortable fit
- Pricey, but the quality makes it "worth the price."
- Multiple color options
- Gendered options
Performance and Use
One thing to keep in mind: the Nike Lunarglide 9 shoe has a relatively narrow fit. It's best for runners with medium foot measurements and can be uncomfortable for those with larger feet. However, the shoe promotes comfort around the ankle by supporting the heel and rearfoot with a secure fit. It also contains exposed foam under the forefoot and heel with laser-cut pods and a slice-like appearance to increase flexibility and support for overpronators.
Additionally, the mid-foot area is built with Dynamic Support technology that supports the foot through the natural gait cycle. This is crucial to runners with flat feet. There is also a specially-built Crash Pad in the midsole that is used to protect the foot from mid-run impact.
Overall, there are many aspects to the LunarGlide 9 shoe that make it great for runners looking for top-notch support. The best characteristic of the Lunarglide 9 is an upgrade from the previous models. Flywire in the upper part of the shoe is thick, and it protects the foot from a possible injury that can be prevented. The Flywire cables are wide and thick; they surround the foot when the shoelaces are tight. These cables are also hidden in this model of the shoe, keeping a simple and more style to it.
Cushioning and Comfort
As stated earlier the Flywire cables do a great job supporting the shoe, but they also allow the show to be breathable. They are specially knitted to keep your foot cool, as well as snug. The underfoot is soft and comfortable thanks to Lunarlon cushioning. Lunarlon technology consists of two different types of foam: a lightweight foam core and a firm foam carrier. The lightweight foam core is a strong but plush core inside of the shoe that balances out the impact throughout the foot. This prevents injury and intense impact on a specific part of the foot. Additionally, the firmer foam carrier under the lightweight core stabilizes it. It allows it to bounce back up, creating responsive and flexible support for your feet.
Aside from the Lunarlon cushioning, the upper part of the foot has a cozy collar around the heel. The shoe also possesses a laser-cut shape in the outsole of the foot that widens the sides of the platform. This gives your feet more of a comfortable sensation than a tight one, so even though the foot is secure around your foot, it is not too tight.
Value and Cost
The LunarGlide 9 shoe is rather pricey. Compared to many popular running shoes, they run on the more expensive side. However, you can save money by purchasing these shoes from other outlets like Amazon or Foot Locker. Regardless, you are paying for quality. The shoe has brought in many positive reviews that praise it for its support, responsiveness, and comfort.
Per RunRepeat, the LunarGlide 9 is among the top 10% of overall best running shoes, the top 14% of Nike's best running shoes, and the top 8% of the most popular road running shoes. These are extremely impressive stats to consider.
Nike LunarGlide 9: The Pros
- Support. The LunarGlide 9 shoes support your feet securely and comfortably. They possess exposed foam under the forefoot and heel with laser-cut pods for improved stability. They also have Dynamic Support technology that supports your feet by protecting your feet through all phases of the gait cycle. Additionally, the Flywire cables in the upper part of the shoe are built to be tough and protect your feet from injury. They do an adequate job supporting feet, especially flat feet, while you conquer the pavement.
- Design. The LunarGlide 9 shoe has a somewhat minimalist design. It has a simple but comfortable-looking design that accurately portrays how comfortable they are. With a model for both men and women, both models have multiple colors to choose from. The women's model has a sky-blue design, a bright pink design, and subtler colors like pale gold, gray, and white. The men's model possesses many blue designs, as well as white, gray, and black.
- Stability. Keeping the foot stable and secure in the running shoe is essential in protecting it from injuries. The LunarGlide 9 shoe also possesses Crash Pads in the midsoles that are used to protect the foot from impact. While the impact process is inevitable while running, it is essential that the feet are supported well enough to not suffer the consequences of consistent impact in the same place. The lightweight foam core part of the Lunarlon technology helps balance out the impact throughout the entirety of the foot instead of just one place.
- Comfort. Nike utilizes specific Lunarlon cushioning in their shoes. This cushioning consists of two separate parts: 1) the lightweight foam core and 2) the firm foam carrier. These two aspects of the shoe’s cushioning work together to support the foot through all phases of the gait cycle and promote bounceback. Additionally, the Flywire cables in the upper part of the foot are thick enough to secure the foot, but they improve breathability as well.
Nike LunarGlide 9: The Cons
- Narrow fit. While the LunarGlide 9 has a secure and snug fit, some runners felt that the shoe was far too narrow to wear. The narrow fit might make walking or running uncomfortable for a runner with wide feet. However, the shoe’s specs can be found online. The shoe has a 10-millimeter heel-to-toe drop, a 29mm heel height, and a 19mm forefoot height. It possesses a “normal” width for both men and women.
- Difficult to incorporate custom orthotics. Runners have stated that adding custom-made orthotics to the LunarGlide 9 shoes can be a complicated process. For those unaware, orthotics can be used to relieve pain from specific medical conditions. Some runners find the shoe to be too narrow and not wide enough for their feet. Additionally, the shoe might be too narrow for special orthotics built specifically for your feet. We suggest you keep both things in mind when purchasing the LunarGlide 9’s.
Conclusion and Final Thoughts
Upon first glance, the Nike LunarGlide 9 shoes look simple, and that is precisely what they are. With a simple design, sufficient stability, and a comfortable support model, the Nike technologies that make up this shoe make them high-quality running shoes.
Support systems like the Dynamic Support technology for overpronators, Lunarlon technology for comfort and bounce back, and a Laser-cut outsole shape all contribute to a comfortable but secure running shoe. Overpronators can try out this running shoe knowing that its technologies can adequately support their flat feet.
The Nike LunarGlide 9 is included in our comprehensive guide to the best running shoes for flat feet.