People who struggle from the onset of plantar fasciitis pain likely wouldn’t even fathom the idea of going for a run. Problems with plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain in adults. It is also particularly common in running communities.
Available for Men at
Available for Women at
Many who suffer from plantar fasciitis are well aware that most of the associated heel pain comes from extended time spent prone, or right when waking. However, sharper, stabbing pains can occur both during and after runs. Using running shoes that aren’t compatible with plantar fasciitis are one of the main reasons for this, as they don’t provide the heel and arch support necessary to alleviate pain.
One of the easiest ways to ease this pain is to purchase and regularly wear shoes that properly support the arch and heel properly.
The Asics Gel-Nimbus is a great example of a wonderful running shoe for plantar fasciitis. Asics have been a figurehead in running shoes for a long time, and the Gel Nimbus is one of a long line of running shoes that provide the necessary support to assist with curing pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
About the Asics Gel-Nimbus
For a very long time now, Asics has been one of the most owner-friendly brands when it comes to assisting runners who have foot-related problems. The Asics Gel-Nimbus is no exception to this. We found these shoes to be one of the most stable pairs of running shoes for both men and women afflicted with post-run plantar fasciitis flare-ups.
The Asics Gel-Nimbus feature two of the most sought-after patented technologies in running footwear: Flytefoam and Fluidride. These two marry to provide extensive support for those suffering from over-pronation commonly associated with flat feet (read our guide to the Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet for more shoes that fall into this category).
- Asics’ Fluidrite technology remains focused on the development of well-cushioned midsoles. These have both strong shock absorption and enhanced durability, and do so while remaining quite lightweight.
- Their Flytefoam technology uses organic fibrous materials to provide impressive bounce back and responsiveness, regardless of the running distance. Additionally, Flytefoam technology helps wearers to avoid the packing down that is common with lower-density and lower-quality foams.
Advantages and Disadvantages
There is no such thing as a perfect running shoe, especially when examining and evaluating for alleviation of plantar fasciitis pain. The Asics Gel-Nimbus is no exception. Below are a few of the advantages and disadvantages we found with these running shoes in our research and testing processes.
Advantages of the Asics Gel-Nimbus
- Flytefoam technology means that the foam located in the Asics’ Gel-Nimbus’ sole will hold up to repetitive impact strain when running compared to alternatives. Also, this shoe provides ample arch support for plantar fasciitis, and has lasted through the test of time.
- These shoes provided some of the softest, thickest foam soles in all of the running shoes for plantar fasciitis that we tested. Some have even reviewed and stated that it felt like they were running on clouds (hence the shoe’s name!).
Disadvantages of the Asics Gel-Nimbus
- Price and staleness come to mind. Asics’ have not made many extensive changes to their Gel-Nimbus line of shoes in a few years now. Regardless of this, they keep increasing the price.
- Some have mentioned that these shoes have a relatively narrow toe box, that could cause issues for those who prefer to have their toes splayed out when exercising.
Overall, we were quite impressed by the Asics Gel-Nimbus. However, we wish that they would improve existing technologies in their models before increasing the price.
The Asics Gel-Nimbus 22 is included in our comprehensive guide to the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
Check Latest Prices for Men:
Check Latest Prices for Women:
Leave a Comment