Asics models are among some of the best quality running shoes in the industry, and this shoe is no exception. The Asics GT-2000 8 is one of our top choices for runners with flat feet. They possess a strong, vertical flex groove to promote healthy and enhanced transitions, as well as flexibility with its top-notch cushioning.The shoe's cushioning performs well in shock-absorbing, and its sole is extremely comfortable. A new and improved mesh upper provides support while mid-foot overlays deliver comfort throughout the rest of your foot.
Fast Facts About this Offering
- Built with technology best for overpronators
- Gel Cushioning System in the rearfoot and forefoot for comfort
- Blown AHAR rubber DURASponge in the outsole for durability
- Fitted but supportive fit
- ComforDry sock liners for breathability
- Gender-specific cushioning in the top layer of the midsole
- Multiple color choices
Available for Men at
Available for Women at
Performance and Use
The Asics GT-2000 8 running shoes are built specifically for those with overpronation. This means that, when your foot contacts the ground, your body's weight is transferred to the inner edge of your foot instead of the ball of the foot, and your foot type is usually flat or low-arched.
There are many aspects to the GT-2000 8 that make them high-performing running shoes. First, they are built with impact guidance system technology to increase the foot's natural gait from heel to toe. The shoe's Dynamic Duomax support system enhances both support and stability by increasing platform support and reducing weight. Additionally, an exoskeletal heel counter allows for further assistance and a fitted heel, and its innovative Guidance Trusstic System technology is constructed to improve gait efficiency while also providing structure for the mid-foot.
The mid-foot overlays give a supportive wraparound feel, specifically in the arch. On the note of mid-foot support, Asics FluidRide technology in the midsole allows for 1) efficient bounce back and 2) cushioning for remarkable stability and reduced weight. Essentially, the GT-2000 series is well-known for being high performing running shoes with all kinds of exceptional Asics technologies to provide the support your flat feet need while you run.
Cushioning and Comfort
Along with being high-performing running shoes, the Asics GT-2000 8 is known for providing top-quality comfort and cushioning. A GEL cushioning system in both the rearfoot and the forefoot areas attenuate shock during impact and toe-off actions. This system is built to promote movement in many plans while your foot transitions through the gait cycle.
Their HG10MM Heel Gradient also provides more support by shifting body mass forward, reducing stress on lower limbs. More forefoot cushioning is supported by the DURASponge outsole, which is made from a blown AHAR rubber compound for increased durability. This AHAR rubber is also used in other critical areas of the outsole for even more strength.
The GT-2000 8 also possess premium ComforDry sock liners with many rebound properties. This allows for increased moisture management and top-notch breathability. The upper features a traditional lace-up closure, which is old but gold when keeping the shoe secure and snug.
For female athletes, they also have gender-specific cushioning where the top layer of the midsole is a lower-density so you can utilize the assets of midsole compression. Like most shoes, the GT-2000 8 shoes are ultimately comfortable when they are broken into. Primarily, their excellent cushioning and exceptional arch support provide security and stability for runners with flat feet.
Value and Cost
The cost of these shoes is one of the most debated aspects of the shoe. Thankfully, you can purchase them at places like Zappos or Dick's Sporting Goods at excellent prices. Considering the technologies in these Asics shoes that provide comfort, stability, and durability for runners with flat feet, these shoes are great for road terrain and daily running, and are well-known for being high quality. Whether or not the shoes are worth the price is up to the individual athlete.
Asics GT-2000 8: The Pros
- Comfort. The GT-2000 8 shoes are incredibly comfortable thanks to multiple iconic Asics technologies such as its DuraSponge outsole, the ComforDry sockliner, and a rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning system that promotes fluid movement during impact and toe-off phases. Additionally, for female athletes, the gender-specific cushioning in the top layer of the midsole provides additional comfort for feet and even more support for female athletes with flat feet.
- Durability. The HG10MM heel gradient, Guidance Line, Trusstic System, Impact Guidance System, and AHAR rubber all enhance stability and longevity by shifting body mass in healthy areas and reducing weight. Additionally, the GT-2000 8 shoes possess the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance. Runners can wear their Asics and rest assuredly (or, run assuredly) knowing that a credible association approves of their design. They are genuinely built with durability and stability in mind!
- Support. In particular, the DuoMax Support System in these shoes enhances your running experience. The dual-density midsole system is built particularly to increase comfort and stability as it is positioned sport-specifically. Additionally, the FluidRide construction possesses shock-absorbing and responsive features with Solyte foam in a way that delivers top-notch bounce back with reduced weight. This ensures that your shoes will support your feet, no matter how long your run is, and runners with flat feet can enjoy the benefits of supportive Asics technology.
- Color and Gender Options. Not only do the GT-2000 8 shoes have both male and female shoe models, but they possess multiple color options. These include carbon silver with island blue detailing, silver and black combo with bright orange, a gray and green mix, and a traditional black and white design for men. For women, you can wear a gray and white pair with bright pink detailing, or "regatta blue" with "flash coral" and other neon colors. Many other softer, more pastel colors can be found on Amazon.
Asics GT-2000 8: The Cons
- High price. The GT-2000 8 shoe is pricey for many runners. Depending on the website you purchase them from, there are rarely discounts, and they will cost even more if you include shipping prices. However, many websites such as Zappos and RoadRunnerSports at least offer free shipping and generous return policies to reduce the risk if you don't like them. Considering the quality of the product, this is a steal, so we suggest you do some research before you purchase a pair of GT-2000 8 shoes.
Conclusion and Final Thoughts
Many exceptional Asics technologies made the GT-2000 8 shoes great. From comfort, to support, to durability, these shoes succeed in many categories that runners with flat feet look for. They rank among the top 46% of overall best running shoes and, even more impressive, the top 5% most popular road running shoes.
Asics shoes are well-renowned for being supportive running shoes, and the GT-2000 8 model is indeed no exception.
The Asics GT-2000 8 was included in our comprehensive guide to the best running shoes for flat feet.
Check Latest Men's Prices:
Check Latest Women's Prices: