NoBull makes great stuff, period. Their CrossFit training shoes are no exception to this. They are a minimalist training shoe, specialized for the CrossFit enthusiast, and are relatively new to the scene. These shoes are wildly popular on the CrossFit scene. Their popularity comes mainly from their stellar customer service, and that they live up to their brand name, “no bull”.
Available for Men at
Available for Women at
Built specifically to work like a charm in a wide range of workouts and exercises, these high-quality CrossFit shoes work incredibly well in any environment you choose to exercise in. Whether outdoors or indoors, wet or dry, grassy fields to spongy mats to hard concrete, NoBull’s training shoes will ensure you still power through.
Below we are going to look at some of the features of the NoBull Training Shoes, see what NoBull has to say about their own shoe, consider some advantages and disadvantages we found in our research, and give you a final verdict on how the shoe pertains to the overall CrossFit experience.
Notable Features of the NoBull Training Shoes
These shoes have uppers that have been manufactured with something called “SuperFabric”, a trademark material from NoBull. This fabric is a flexible, stretchy, elastic material, providing both a lighter weight overall for the shoe, and enhanced breathability. Additionally, the NoBull Training Shoes are resistant to abrasion. As a result, they aren’t prone to breaking down quickly or wearing out.
In addition to the above, there are guard plates that are located in areas that are prone to create issues for CrossFit enthusiasts. These plates are located throughout the upper. This ensures that there is no damage to the foot or shoe when performing rope climbs or other higher impact activities that would commonly cause a shoe to break down.
Finally, the impressive tread of the NoBull Training Shoes ensures that they will work very effectively, regardless of weather conditions or terrain. As a result, you can go from running outside on a wet sidewalk straight to the gym with no problem. You can perform sprints up grassy hills and then box jumps on slippery plastic boxes without a second thought.
Strong traction and support is a commonality among NoBull products. This is ideal for those who actively practice CrossFit.
What NoBull Says
Whether you are looking to climb, run, grind, life, or slide, the NoBull Training Shoes have got you covered. Breathable, flexible and lightweight protection provides the benefits to move as you do during CrossFit workouts.
The uppers of the NoBull Trainer have seamless, one-piece constructions. These uppers are built from NoBull’s durable, abrasion-resistant, and breathable SuperFabric. Guard plates along this fabric upper are applied on highly flexible mesh base layers. This creates a complete shield for high-intensity tasks such as rope climbs, which would severely tax most other shoes.
Lug patterns on the outsole of these shoes were manufactured with the idea of multiple environments. This allows for a simple transition from outdoors to indoors, providing the perfect blend of support, traction, and flexibility.
Additional features of the NoBull Training Shoes
- A reflective, large, but not obtrusive NoBull logo for visibility when needed most
- High carbon medial and lateral guards, providing additional protection along sidewalls
- A molded, anatomically-snug sock liner
- Breathable, perforated microsuede tongues
- Two pairs of laces, a medial rope grip, and a 4-millimeter heel-to-toe drop
Pros and Cons of the NoBull Training Shoes
Much like the brand name alludes, we here at Shoe Guide are all about a “no bull” approach to our reviews and research. We know that, regardless of reviews, recommendations, and features, every shoe is going to come with its fair share of advantages and disadvantages.
NoBull’s training shoes are no exception. In the course of our extensive due diligence on these shoes in relation to CrossFit, we latched onto a few specific advantages, and noted some callout disadvantages. Below are the findings.
- We can’t count the numerous advantages associated with NoBull’s SuperFabric. This includes such pros as breathable, thin uppers, and thicker guard plates, which serve to prevent injuries commonly associated with the intensity of CrossFit workouts.
- In addition to the above, the NoBull Training Shoes provide intense levels of both support and flexibility. This makes it the ultimate shoe for cross-training, ideal for serious and competitive CrossFitters of all shapes and sizes.
- Abrasion resistance is yet another support and protection layer. This assists in increasing overall shoe longevity. In the end, this only serves to further save money.
- Durable lug patterns with the NoBull Training Shoes ensure that they are truly built to last, performing with consistency time and time again, for far longer than a workout shoe would be expected.
- We found throughout the course of our research into the NoBull Training Shoes that sizing has a tendency to run smaller than expected. This being the case, we highly recommend sizing up one full size to start. If you still experience size issues, try working up or down from there.
- With minimal heel drop and an incredibly thin sole, we don’t recommend these shoes for people with such issues as flat feet, knee or back problems, or plantar fasciitis. The heel and sole thinness would exacerbate these issues, especially over the long term.
- These shoes are on the more expensive end of available shoes for CrossFit enthusiasts. However, as they have been built for the purposes of cross-training and cross-training only, this specificness tends to come with an increase in cost across the board.
Our Verdict on the NoBull Training Shoes
In the end, we were quite impressed with NoBull’s Training Shoes as they pertain to CrossFit. We had zero qualms with putting them high up on our list of the best CrossFit shoes as well.
While these shoes can tend to run on the small side, and also come at a higher price point than some of the other options on our list of the best shoes for CrossFit, there were ample advantages that impressed us enough to negate any disadvantages we saw. If you’re serious about CrossFit and want a laser-focused set of features, look no further than the NoBull Training Shoes.
Latest Prices (Men's):
Latest Prices (Women's):
For more CrossFit shoe options, check out our article: CrossFit Shoes – Find The Best CrossFit Shoe for You.