The Inov-8 F-Lite 235 v3 may seem like a mouthful, but it has been built to specifically follow natural movements of the foot in a minimalist capacity. This helps to enhance and adapt CrossFit workouts without being a burdensome addition to workout routines and gear.
Available for Men at
Available for Women at
The F-Lite 235 v3 is extremely feature-rich, with incredibly innovative technology. These features help to protect your feet, and provide vast amounts of support, comfort, supportiveness, traction, and stability through the course of intense CrossFit workouts. It doesn’t matter if you are lifting, sprinting, squatting, jumping, or anything and everything in between, you won’t be experiencing any problems with this new offering from sports shoe juggernaut Inov-8.
Below we are going to look at some of the features of the Inov-8 F-Lite 235, see what Inov-8 has to say about their own shoe, some advantages and disadvantages we found in our research, and a final verdict on how the shoe pertains to the overall CrossFit experience.
Notable Features of the Inov-8 F-Lite 235
The F-Lite 235 v3 has uppers that are designed with protective overlays. These overlays are on top of amazingly flexible and breathable mesh fabrics. Additionally, Inov-8 included their Rope-Tec technology patterns. These are located across the upper of the shoe, and serve to ensure that you aren’t going to lose tractions when doing exercises such as rope climbs and box jumps, and intense daily challenges and WODs.
In addition to this, the shoe’s midsole carries Inov-8’s PowerFlow Plus technology. This provides extensive impact absorption, as well as strong energy rebounds. Also, with an outsole allowing for impressive flexibility throughout the forefoot, as well as high value ease of movement and a 4-millimeter heel to toe drop, this is the ideal CrossFit shoe for those looking for a serious CrossFit option.
What Inov-8 Says
The Inov-8 F-Lite 235 v3 is the supernatural, lightweight men’s training shoe that is designed to move quite a bit along with the foot. With a new version and a new look, the F-Lite is a lightweight, all-natural, flexible shoe for cross training and CrossFit.
Designed around both incredible comfort and natural foot movements, this shoe boasts a laundry list of brand new features and protective technology. Altogether, it makes this shoe the perfect shoe for functional training.
Lightweight designs and amazing flexibility pair with Inov-8’s dynamic fascia band (DFB), creating a “supernatural” feel that lets you train naturally. Additionally, new features including the brand new PowerFlow Plus midsole is paired with an unprecedented four millimeter drop. Together, it means that the F-Lite 235 v3 has the ideal heel to toe drop. This makes it perfect for both functional movements and lifting, while retaining that Inov-8 natural feel.
Pros and Cons of the Inov-8 F-Lite 235
It doesn’t matter if a pair of shoes has extensive recommendations and endorsements, incredible reviews, and great features. Regardless of the shoe, there are going to be advantages, and there will be disadvantages as well.
The Inov-8 F-Lite 235 is no exception to this concept. Through our deep-dive research into these shoes for CrossFit purposes, we discovered quite a few pros, and a few cons as well. Below is our breakdown.
- The Inov-8 F-Lite 235 v3 has amazing versatility, and is a perfect CrossFit shoe option for people looking for a shoe that can branch out beyond the WODs.
- A 4-millimeter heel-to-toe drop is basically unheard of in minimalist-style shoes. This provides extensive flexibility throughout the mid-foot and forefoot, as well as incredible comfort in a sleeker package.
- Finally, the PowerFlow Plus midsole of the 235 v3 provides incredibly strong levels of support. This is perfect for CrossFit enthusiasts suffering from plantar fasciitis or flat footedness. Intense traction also provides great sole support for more intense, more slippery workouts.
- One of the only cons that we have found is that the fit of the Inov-8 F-Lite 235 v3 tends to run a bit tight throughout the forefoot. If you have plans to buy these, but have wider feet, this is definitely something to take into account when you’re testing them out.
- If you are on a budget, these aren’t going to be the shoes for you. With their advanced technology and improved levels of just about everything, they come at a higher price point than most other CrossFit shoes we have tested.
Our Verdict on the Inov-8 F-Lite 235
In the end, the research and testing performed on the Inov-8 F-Lite 235 v3 cross-training shoe have shown incredibly impressive results. With cushioned midsoles, outsoles that move with the foot, and uppers that protect and support the foot (while also remaining very breathable), we had trouble finding any real downsides.
The perfect option for those with flat feet or plantar fasciitis, this CrossFit shoe is the perfect choice for those on the hunt for a range of activities both in and out of the gym. What more can you possibly ask for?
Latest Prices (Men's):
Latest Prices (Women's):
For more CrossFit shoe options, check out our article: CrossFit Shoes – Find The Best CrossFit Shoe for You.