Crocs take some abuse for the unique appearance of their shoe’s design. Despite the design criticism from some, they remain one of the biggest and most reliable shoe companies in the industry. Crocs makes the Bistro Clog for work in the kitchen. It’s all about utility, comfort, and affordability. The received on of our best ratings in our chef shoe guide.
They’re extremely durable. Their support is nearly unmatched. They’re also some of the most affordable high-quality shoes on the market. A good chef knows that choosing the wrong work shoe can lead to a lot of mental and physical pain and potentially do permanent damage to the body. The Crocs Bistro Clog provides utility and comfort at an affordable price.
Fast Facts about the Crocs Bistro Clog
Precisely for its ability to meet these requirements, the Crocs Bistro Clog is one of the best shoes you can find on the market today.
- Patented Crocs Lock slip-resistant tread to minimize accidents.
- Also, Fully molded, which makes for easy cleanup. Simple to clean with soap and water.
- Next, it has a thicker material on the toe box to help protect the foot from spills.
- Contoured footbed for extra comfort.
- Finally, the famous Crocs Comfort makes this shoe lightweight and flexible with 360-degree comfort.
Performance of the Crocs Bistro Clog
Everyone knows that Crocs makes durable, versatile shoes. Crocs makes the Bistro Clog for work in a busy, hectic, and fast-paced kitchen environment. The patented Crocs Lock slip-resistant tread grips any surface and prevents the slip and fall accidents that can occur all too easily in a busy kitchen. The Crocs Lock tread technology exceeds national industry standards for slip resistance a variety of slippery surfaces such as oily, wet, or soapy floors.
The Bistro Clog doesn’t have the famous Crocs ventilation holes, so the breathability of this shoe suffers somewhat. But what it sacrifices in breathability and airflow, it makes up for in protection. The toe box features thicker material to protect your toes from the occasional spill or the dreaded pan drop. The strap on the back firmly but comfortably locks in your foot to prevent your heel from slipping.
The Croslite material that makes up the entire shoe is extremely durable. These aren’t the kind of shoes to break down after 4-6 months. Crocs designs the Bistro Clog to last, even after enduring the trials of a busy kitchen. They’re also extremely easy to clean. Simply use a cloth to wipe them down with some soap and water. If you take proper care of your pair of Crocs Bistro Clogs, they will comfortably and reliably serve you for a very long time.
Cushioning and Comfort
Let’s face it; many people consider Crocs ugly. Why then, if they’re appearance is so unfashionable, are they one of the most famous chef shoes in the restaurant industry? Their success is due to the unquestionable comfort of the Croslite material, which makes up the entire shoe. This patented material offers 360-degree comfort for the whole of the foot and makes these some of the most comfortable clogs on the market today. It’s also extremely lightweight and durable, ridding you of that heavy-footed feeling some of the bulkier kitchen shoes can sometimes bring. This new lightweight feeling will have you zooming around the kitchen faster than ever before.
The worst thing in the world is working a long double shift all day in a busy kitchen while wearing footwear that is unsupportive and uncomfortable. With the simple yet comfortable design of the Crocs Bistro Clog, you’ll never have to worry about the pesky and painful blisters that can occur from some of the lower-quality chef shoes out there. Crocs have made comfort the primary mission of this shoe. The fit is designed to be very roomy, so your feet never feel trapped. This helps with breathability somewhat. The famous Crocs cushioned footbed furthers this comfort with a unique contoured design that cradles the foot and provides maximum support.
Value and Cost
For their price point, the Crocs Bistro Clog is very hard to compete with. Despite its widespread reputation as a shoe of ridicule, it’s one of the most durable shoes on the market, and it’s also on the cheaper side of the pricing spectrum for chef shoes. They’re simple to slip on and always ready to go.
If you clean them regularly, these shoes could hold up in a kitchen for a very long time. If you’re looking for a good, dependable kitchen shoe that will last a long time but won’t cost you an arm and a leg, then the Crocs Bistro Clog is the right shoe for you.
Crocs Bistro Clog: The Pros
- Croslite material offers maximum comfort. Unlike other low-priced kitchen shoes, Crocs designed the Bistro Clog for comfort in the kitchen. The entire surface area of this shoe features lightweight, durable, and comfortable Croslite material givig your feet 360-degree comfort all day long. Further, the lightweight feeling will have you breaking personal records for speediness in the kitchen.
- Superior slip-resistant tread technology. The special slip-resistant synthetic sole of this shoe is composed of patented Crocs Lock slip-resistant technology that is uniquely designed to prevent dangerous slip and fall accidents. Falling in a kitchen can be dangerous, potentially leading to lifelong or even fatal injuries. These shoes give a strong sense of stability and control on any surface.
- Contoured footbed. The footbed of the Crocs Bistro Clog is specially shaped to provide the perfect fit to your foot. It’s designed to cradle the foot for extra comfort on those long double-shifts.
- Easy to care for. Finally, cleaning your Crocs Bistro Clogs will be an absolute breeze. The important Croslite material that makes up the shoe is not only extremely lightweight and comfortable; it also makes the task of cleaning this shoe unbelievably easy. Simply wipe them down with a cloth and a combination of soap and water at the end of each shift. This will help your Bistro Clogs to last for many more shifts to come.
Crocs Bistro Clog: The Cons
- Rivet on strap seems questionable. Durability is a major selling point for the Bistro Clog, but one aspect of this shoe that could probably use some improvement is the rivet on the side of the strap. It can be prone to breaking if moved or pulled at excessively and doesn’t seem to match up to the hardiness of the rest of the shoe.
- Sizing may vary. Lastly, the Crocs Bistro Clog is specially built to be roomy, to provide your foot with ample room for comfort. In some cases, this can lead to them feeling a tad too large. Numerous owners of the Bistro Clog claim that ordering at a size lower than your regular option should resolve this problem quickly.
Conclusion and Final Thoughts
The “unfashionable” appearance of the Crocs design has caused them to be popularly mocked. However, they remain one of the biggest and most reliable shoe companies in the industry to this day. The Crocs Bistro Clog is specially designed for people who work in a busy kitchen environment.
The Bistro Clog from Crocs is all about combining utility and comfort into an affordable package. They’re incredibly durable, and their comfort is hard to argue against. Also, the quality to price ratio of these shoes is virtually unmatched in the chef shoe industry. Finally, a chef knows that wearing a low-quality shoe for long hours in a busy kitchen can lead to a lot of potential damage to the body.
You’ll never have to worry about that with these shoes. If you’re looking for all-day comfort and long-lasting durability at an affordable price, then the Crocs Bistro Clog is the shoe for you.