The Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 running shoes are a top-quality pair of shoes, particularly for men with flat feet. It's crucial to have a stable pair of running shoes with proper arch support to prevent over-pronation. They possess Dynamic Fit technology, Flywire cables in the laces, and Deep Flex grooves for a solid balance of flexibility and tractions. These shoes are built with both comfort and effective running in mind, so you can wear them confidently and without worry.
Fast Facts About this Offering
- Flymesh material for breathability
- Zoom Air unit for non-bulky cushioning
- Flywire cables in laces with dynamic lockdown support
- Sturdy and durable
- Variety of color options
- Dynamic Fit technology for midfoot support
- Deep Flex grooves for a healthy balance of traction and flexibility
- Reasonable price
- Useful for runners with flat feet
Performance and Use
The Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoes promote stability for runners with its lightweight but supportive design. With an updated, broad base, Nike Dynamic Fit technology supports your midfoot while Flywire cables are assimilated with the shoe’s laces for lockdown support. Its honeycomb-structured outsole with rubber crash rails and Deep Flex grooves add traction and promote flexibility for transitions. This crash rail is positioned at the heel and up to the forefoot for efficient developments, contributing to the shoe’s overall performance.
According to Run Repeat, these shoes rank among the Top 35% of best running shoes, the top 48% of Nike's best running shoes, and the top 15% most popular road running shoes. (Take note, Roadrunners!) With an upper mesh build, a dual-density midsole, and a rubber outsole with flex grooves, it performs well on soft terrains like beach sand and tough ground like asphalt. It is built for runners, specifically those with flat feet, so you can enjoy top-quality running shoes that don’t aggravate flat foot pain. Whether you're running across tough ground or jogging during a daily walk, its top-quality construction makes them great shoes for runners with flat feet.
Cushioning and Comfort
On top of the excellent construction, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoes are incredibly comfortable and breathable. Their seamless Flymesh enhances breathability without affecting the shoe's durability. They include inner mesh sleeves for a responsive sock fit, as well as a Zoom Air unit for low-profile cushioning.
With arch support to promote stability for runners with flat feet, they are cushioned shoes that work great as daily comfortable running shoes. The heel-to-toe drop for both men and women is 10mm (whether or not this is a good heel drop is up to the wearer). Width-wise, they are normal and wide for both men and women. So, regarding size and shape, they are standard, but they are built well for men and women alike. The insole is removable and can be replaced with an insole customized best for you.
As stated earlier, the inner sleeves are responsive and specialized to work with your feet. These inner sleeves are well-known for providing most of the comfort and additional support for those with flat feet. Additionally, many runners enjoy the size of the toe box for another added level of satisfaction. If you’re looking for comfortable but well-built running shoes, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoes are worth checking out.
Value and Cost
There is a men’s and women’s version of the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoe that possess slightly different designs and colors. The men's shoes come in colors such as black, cool grey, pure platinum white, blue, and red while the women's shoes feature fire pink, turquoise, hyper cobalt, and wolf grey. This gives wearers a myriad of color palettes to choose from. Regarding the value of these shoes, wearers that prioritize comfort and support needed for their foot shape will find these shoes helpful.
Nike Air Zoom Structure 22: The Pros
- Support. With responsive cushioning, durable outsole, and Flymesh technology, these shoes are long-lasting and great for runners of all kinds. It is built in a way that benefits runners with flat feet, structured with a solid arch-support and comfortable width that both men and women alike can utilize. The construction of the shoe, with Deep Flex grooves and Dynamic Fit technology, allows for smooth transitions. This gives you a more effective run that is also safe for your feet.
- Breathability. This is one of the most prominent features of the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoe. They are considered plush and breathable with seamless Flymesh technology, which provides ventilation and support to the upper part of the foot. This technology was brought back in this model of shoes and is enjoyed by many runners. Additionally, they have a Zoom Air unit that promotes ventilation and support simultaneously.
- Color choices. Per their Amazon listings, the men's variation of the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoe comes in twelve different color variations while the women's variation comes in eleven. The men’s colors range between blacks, whites, greys, reds, greens, and blues while women’s colors have more variety. Grey and pink, blue and pink, purple and blue, black and grey, deep and light green, black and white- you name it.
- Tight but cushioned fit. It’s crucial that these shoes stay on your feet or else they’re not going to provide the amount of support you require while running. With Flywire cables in the shoelaces with dynamic lockdown support, Nike’s Dynamic Fit technology provides support in your midfoot. Not only are your feet well-supported, but they are also cushioned with a plush outsole and midsole underneath it.
Nike Air Zoom Structure 22: The Cons
- No reflectivity. The Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoes do not possess any reflective surfaces. This can be a severe concern to nighttime runners, as it is crucial to practice healthy nighttime running habits. If drivers don't see you during the nighttime, you are more likely to be involved in an accident. However, you can address this concern by adding a separate reflector to the outside of the shoe.
So, there you have it. The Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 shoes are well-known by Nike fans and runners alike for the comfortable support they provide for their wearers. For runners with flat feet, the responsive cushioning, arch-support, and top-notch build can benefit your running experience. Aside from the construction of the shoe, its plush cushioning utilizes innovative technologies like Flymesh and Zoom Air units so you can run with support and comfort. Qualities like these allow you to focus on your time or distance instead of aching feet or slipping shoes.
With a substantial variety of color choices and a tight fit, they are great for runners of all kinds, but nighttime runners should keep in mind that they are not reflective. However, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 provides many of the same fantastic qualities at the Structure 21. If you’re a runner with flat feet who are looking for a stylish but efficient sneaker, the Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 might be an excellent pick for you.
The Nike Air Zoom Structure 22 is included in our comprehensive guide to the best running shoes for flat feet.